They say email is an ex-channel, but maybe it’s not pushing up the daisies just yet…
Let’s play a game, can you guess which one of the following is a fib?
1. Email was used by 86% of adults in 2019
2. Email remains the most common internet activity
3. Sending and receiving emails has gone up by 10% in the last 10 years
Drum roll please…………
Well, let me tell you… the fib is number 3… because, email has actually gone up by 18% not 10%! Don’t believe me? Check out the latest figures for yourself in the ONS ‘Internet access – households and individuals, Great Britain: 2019‘ report.
Other headline figures:
- 87% of all adults used the internet daily or almost every day in 2019.
- Almost two-thirds of households now have mobile broadband access.
- 9 in 10 adults use the internet at least weekly.
- Almost all adults aged 16 to 44 years used the internet daily or almost every day (99%).
- 84% had used the internet “on the go” in 2019, using a mobile phone, smartphone, laptop, tablet or handheld device.
So next time someone at work tells you that communicating to your residents, students, businesses etc via email is a waste of time, please think again.