The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is a new legal framework in the EU and UK for processing citizens’ data that will apply from 25 May 2018. Public sector communicators are scrambling to understand the implications that GDPR will have on their day-to-day operations.
Watch this one-hour webinar to learn from two information sharing experts, Imogen Heywood and Holly Bremner from the Centre of Excellence for Information Sharing. They provide an overview to the GDPR and respond to questions you may have such as:
- What is GDPR and why does it matter to communications professionals?
- Will anything really change when the GDPR replaces the Data Protection Act?
- What do terms such as “personal information” and “legitimate usage” actually mean?
- Is GDPR just about data protection or is there more to it?
- What impact will it have on me, my communications team, and my organisation?
- What impact will GDPR have on our approach to service reform and engagement?